Thursday, September 08, 2005

Chapter 4. Red Bluff, CA

My first day rving was nice and easy. A lovely 6 hour drive from Cottage Grove, Oregon to Red Bluff, California. The campsite was clean and easy to hook-up to, but populated my more denture-wearers than I’ve ever seen. Nice folks. Quiet, but a little put-off by me. I tried talking to them, but I could see it in their eyes, they were thinking, “Who is this guy? No wife, or kids, and under the age of 50 driving a motor home…what is he up to, better lock the door, honey and load your gun.” (I would find much more friendly folk in Yosemite.) Well, I had a blast, celebrated in style with a big dinner of Portobello mushroom and mixed veggie stir-fry, cocktails, and lovely Romeo y Julietta cigar in a comfortable chair under the stars…and left them all wondering…




Aw, what an excitable and happy guy, on the road...



Look out for that truck! (Maybe I shouldn't take pics of myself while driving.



Now, in the zone...





The end of a lovely day...

No comments: