Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Rocky Patel Sun Grown Torpedo


(Makes my mug look small.)

Smoked last Thursday...The Rocky Patel Sun Grown Torpedo is a phenomenal cigar.

I've changed y mind about having a whisky or port while smoking cigars, now I go for tea...while smoking this I had a lovely organic Pai Mu Tan from my favorite folks at Strand Tea.

The RP Torpedo started out delicious, and remained consistent in its flavor throughout the smoke. A different, earthy taste of toasted grains and nuts were there from the beginning. I didn't get the spiciness other smokers have enjoyed with this cigar, but maybe it was because I had the incredibly spicy vegan chowmein from Sipz before enjoying the Rocky Patel.

This cigar was fantastic, will become one of the mainstays of my humidor.

On Friday's menu: Oliva Serie V Torpedo, from the McMullen Gift Pack.

No comments: