Friday, August 08, 2008

Bats and Owls....


(A rare photo of me being physically active in the daylight.)


I really enjoyed being at my folks place, biking around the lake and practicing late at night (with my Bremner Shhh Mute, of course) on the deck overlooking their property. Sometimes it would get wild, bats everywhere, owls swooping...quite a late night show. Also deer, opossum and other lovely creatures cruising around. And the clean air was amazing.

A few nights in a row, there was a massacre of birds by a predator (this vegan wishes all animals could just eat tofu)...the scattered remains of violently removed feathers showed the signs of brutal attacks, probably an owl or something else.

For those of you that don't know, my mother (Betty Kaiser) is a columnist for the paper in her town, and she wrote about the deaths in her weekly column. You can find it here.

No comments: