Friday, September 03, 2010

Maria with Jürg Bariletti and Phil Skaller

I really feel lucky sometimes, to do interesting gigs in equally interesting venues. Life can be so rich, varied and wonderfully surprising. When Phil told me we would be doing a gig in a cargo container by a river, needless to say, I was quite skeptical. But it still sounded interesting, plus the trio would include the wonderful Jürg Bariletti and Phil Skaller on prepared piano. It turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL night by the river, at the former edge of the Berlin wall at Schillingbrücke. Looking as much a squat as a venue for experimental music, the audience was awesome and appreciative and the trio was a blast. I believe some of my friends documented the event on film and video, so will keep you posted. But here are some set up pics.


Jürg setting up
Jürg setting up

fixing
fixing

and preparing the piano with Phil
and preparing the piano with Phil

view from the stage
view from the stage

Jürg, me, Phil
Jürg, me, Phil

the stage
the stage

No comments: