Sunday, April 22, 2007

I do love Idaho...

Idaho is one of my favorite states. Absolutely beautiful; beauty that is as much about what is not there, as what is. The sense of space is glorious. Click here for a short video I made on Hwy 20 between Idaho Falls and Arco. I was listening to Glenn Gould playing Bach, the music fit the austerity and beauty of the landscape perfectly.

I'm here to do a few gigs. Started out last night doing a duo with Craig Green at the University Auditorium in Idaho Falls. He is a fantastically creative acoustic guitar player, doing preparations to the instrument I had not heard before. A lovely venue, and a great gig. Craig and Trinity Sullivan were great hosts, and introduced me to several area brews that I had not tasted before. Excellent music, beer, and great company.



Craig and I before the show. What a great green room to prepare in. (The green belt in Idaho Falls.) Idaho Falls is a nice town, about 50,000 population, and supposedly one of the highest ratios of PhD's per capita. (Thanks to the Department of Energy and the 800 some companies that consult there.)

Driving out the backroads, I was stopped by a cattle run (stampede? whatever you call that) Cows running down the highway being pursued by ATVs. Run cows, be free...!



A few pix of me in Twin Falls. It was bright, hence the squintage of the eyes.







The road back to Boise from Craters of the Moon national monument. (BTW, my Craters shots didn't turn out.)



Off for a few days to hang in Boise, then some gigs at the Boise Experimental Music Festival. I'll playing with Gregory Taylor. I am really looking forward to that.

3 comments:

Kris Tiner said...

wow... that's not the idaho i remember at all.

Jeff Kaiser said...

Were you listening to Glenn Gould? That might be the secret...

Frank & Amber said...

Very nice blog... enjoyed reading and will be back. Gotta say I really enjoyed C. Green while he palyed at a wedding at the S. Fork Lodge...

Again, great blog, check out my site on Idaho Falls at http://www.youridahofalls.com and let me know what you think.