Saturday, March 10, 2007

PhD...!

After thinking about it for several years, I have made the decision to return to graduate school and further my growth and development as an artist, to gain skills as a scholar, earn a PhD, and prepare to teach at the university/college level. It was interesting working to find a school (or schools) that would embrace my desire for a broad spectrum of studies (performance, composition, improvisation, technology), but I am pleased to say that I found several programs that weren't opposed to such studies, and the one with the best fit for me is right here in California.

So, I am quite excited to announce that starting in September 2007, I will be in the music program at UCSD working on a PhD in CSEP. (I guess I better get used to acronyms.) I have to admit, I am stoked.

The Critical Studies and Experimental Practices (at the University of California, San Diego) program with Mark Dresser, Anthony Davis, David Borgo and other very notable faculty members.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Jeff! Going back to school is a difficult and brave commitment to make for yourself.

Anonymous said...

It is so cool that you found a place near you where you will be able to learn the way you want to :)
Good for you !